Meet our current Lincoln-Way Toastmasters members here.
You will find contact information of our Executive Team Leaders on this page. Feel free to contact any of them for information regarding our club.
Lincoln-Way Toastmasters was founded by Thaddeus Gray of Frankfort, Illinois in September of 2001.
Are you ready to:
1. speak comfortably in front of the room or virtually via a webcam?
2. give drop dead sales presentations?
3. get that next promotion?
4. start your own business?
5. hone your leadership skills?
6. learn how to give constructive criticism?
7. accept criticism objectively?
8. give an outstanding toast at your next event?
Toastmasters International is a world leader in communication and leadership development with 313,000 members.
Your membership in Toastmasters is one of the greatest investments you can make in yourself. At $51 every six months (club dues may vary), it is also one of the most cost-effective skill-building tools available anywhere.
How Does It Work?
A Toastmasters meeting is a learn-by-doing workshop in which participants hone their speaking and leadership skills in a no-pressure atmosphere.
There is no instructor in a Toastmasters meeting. Instead, members evaluate each others presentations. This feedback process is a key part of the program’s success.
Meeting participants also give impromptu talks on assigned topics, conduct meetings and develop skills related to timekeeping, grammar and parliamentary procedure.
Members learn communication skills by working through a series of self-paced speaking assignments designed to instill a basic foundation in public speaking.
What does my Toastmasters membership provide?
- You learn by attending meetings on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month. Once you are a member, you will use Toastmasters web based education system known as Pathways. You will learn by reading, viewing videos and practicing various speaking roles.
- The Toastmaster monthly magazine. The Toastmaster provides insights into the ever-changing world of communication and leadership. The ideas and techniques featured in every issue are considered by many to be worth the total cost of belonging to Toastmasters.
- Affiliation with an internationally respected educational organization.
- An opportunity to participate and compete in the Toastmasters International Speech Contest – the World Championship of Public Speaking.
- Unlimited opportunity for personal and occupational recognition based on improved abilities and accumulated experience.
- A unique chance to learn and improve your abilities while having fun.
The video beyond illustrates a typical in person meeting. Currently, we are not having in person meetings; we are meeting virtually, using the Zoom app. When the pandemic ends, we will return to in person meetings.